Argan oil is a plant oil that is produced from the centre of the seed from a tree called Argania spinosa L., that grows mostly in Morocco. It is cultivated systematically in large pieces of land and the seeds are being collected by machines. The government of Morocco actually funds the cultivation of this specific tree. The beauty oil is produced by the raw seeds of Argania. Being rich in linoleic acid, it can be used by acne prone skin types, while at the same time it has precious regenerative properties. Some drops (2-3) are enough for the face. It is an oil that is relative expensive, due to its properties.
The most important property of Argan Oil is its anti-aging power, as it helps the skin to maintain the elasticity, the firmness and its young appearance. This is the reason why more and more beauty companies, are adding this miraculous oil to their products.
The composition of Argan oil
Argan oil contains an impressive amount of vitamins, anti-inflammatory factors, polyunsaturated fatty acids, as well as a high amount of vitamin E.
It offers anti-aging and moisturizing properties to the skin. Vitamin A improves the elasticity of the skin, stimulates collagen production and fights the wrinkles that are caused by the ultraviolet radiation. Vitamin E offers powerful anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties for sensitive skin types. In addition, it has sun protecting (UV) properties and it reduces free radicals.
Properties and benefits:
- Deeply moisturizes and nourishes the skin, especially after using a face mask.
- Softens dry and dehydrated skin (for better results, use overnight).
- Helps with preventing stretch marks.
- Sooths irritated baby skin.
- It is really good for the hair, as it has moisturizing properties, especially for dry hair and tips.
- Reduces skin marks, and with regular use it helps to reduce wounds and marks after acne.
- Balances sebum production.
- Helps with eczema and psoriasis as it is naturally high in Vitamin E.
- Reliefs itchiness on the scalp.
- Helps weak and brittle nails.
- Strengthens and protects the nails, after daily massage.
- Heal the skin after burns.